> From: Carlos Botto [mailto:carl...@qualitau.com]
> Subject: Problem starting Tomcat in Netbeans
>
> when I validated context.xml I got the following: cvc-elt.1:
> Cannot find the declaration of element 'Context'. [2]

Since there is no DTD to validate against, that's not surprising.

> <Context crossContext="true" debug="5" docBase="qualitau"
> path="/qualitau" reloadable="true">
>     <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> prefix="localhost_my_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>

Tomcat has supported a <Logger> element in quite some time, so that should come
out.  Also, the path attribute is illegal when the <Context> element is in your
webapp's META-INF/context.xml file (which is where it should be).

> Mar 11, 2009 3:54:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
> processContextConfig
> SEVERE: Parse error in default web.xml

Note that the above refers to the *default* web.xml, not the one in your
webapp's WEB-INF directory.  What did you break in Tomcat's conf/web.xml file?

> Mar 11, 2009 3:54:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
> processContextConfig
> SEVERE: Occurred at line 18 column 20

That should give you a pretty good idea of where to look.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.