> From: David.Meldrum [mailto:david.meld...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Path problem
>
> For example, how do I get a reference to the
> "/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/foo.properties" file?

Gregor already told you here:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=123697177925016&w=2

> ServletContext.getRessourceAsStream("/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF
> /foo.properties");?

No, leave out the /webapps.

> The javadoc says the argument is a path

Read the doc more carefully; it actually says:

"The path must begin with a '/' and is interpreted as relative to the current
context root."

> but I don't know the full path,

You don't need to; the path is relative to your webapp (despite the leading
slash).

> Also how do I create a file under "/logs"?

Usually, you use a logger.  Tomcat provides a built-in logging mechanism based
on java.util.logging, or you can implement one based on any of several standard
libraries, such as log4j.  The logger configuration specifies where to write
the output.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.