Thanks a lot, Ilya and Chuck,

I think I did not make myself totally clear. Indeed I meant to copy
the .war file, and each copy to pick up a different .properties file
for settings. More specifically, I am using Spring's
PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer pointing to
classpath:mywebapp.properties, and want that to resolve to different
files for each Context. I prefer not to manually add different
.properties files to each copy of the .war file, and I also want to
avoid using Parameter elements inside the Context, as I don't know how
to translate those to Spring property placeholders.

Thanks again! Jeroen