Just follow the directions on the link I gave you.
Just place mysql connector/J where it tells you to...there's no other configuration for the connector itself.

On Mar 17, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Tomas Rodriguez wrote:

thanks ken for you help,
but I have tomcat 6.0 installed already + mysql 5.1+ Java 1.5+ php+ apache-hhtp well the things is that I need to configurate the tomcat and mysql connector/J for developer application in java that use DB in mysql. but I don't know how configurate the mysql/ J connector in windows 2000.

I need a help.
thanks one again.
have a great day
TOMAS

From: "Ken Bowen" <kbo...@als.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 8:32 PM
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: mysql/J connector + tomcat and it configuration

Hello Tomas,

Start with
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

What Tomcat/Java versions are you using? If you are just starting, you should
use Tomcat 6.0.18 and Java 1.5+

--Ken

On Mar 16, 2009, at 8:15 PM, Tomas Rodriguez wrote:

Hi everybody.
I'm new in this list and new work with tomcat, by this reason I have a doubt with mysql/j connector and Tomcat.
my doubt is.
what should I do for configurate mysql/j and tomcat work together?

somebody can help me with this big problem for me?.
Thanks so much.
have a good day