Are you maintaining session stickyness?

Did you configure Tomcat to replicate the sessions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alston, Brian (US SSA) [mailto:brian.als...@baesystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:40 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Need Help With Clustered Tomcat Sessions

Hello All

    I am having trouble with my Tomcat cluster that I hope you can help
with. First my setup:

    Apache Load Balancer: Windows Server 2003 - Apache 2.2.11 -
192.168.1.100
    Tomcat Server 1: Windows Server 2003 - Tomcat 6.0.18 - 192.168.1.110
    Tomcat Server 2: Windows Server 2003 - Tomcat 6.0.18 - 192.168.1.120

When I go to the Apache load balancer (http://192.168.1.100) the page
comes up fine. When I go to the Java examples
(http://192.168.1.100/examples/) and click on "Servlets Examples" and
then on "Sessions -> Execute" the page also comes up fine. It is here
when I start to have problems.

    First, let me explain how I know I have problems. Here is another
setup I have:

    Apache Load Balancer: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 - Apache 2.2.3 -
192.168.2.100
    Tomcat Server 1: Windows Server 2003 - Tomcat 6.0.18 - 192.168.2.110
    Tomcat Server 2: Windows Server 2003 - Tomcat 6.0.18 - 192.168.2.120

When I go to my Linux load-balanced cluster and enter "Name/Value
Session Attributes" into the "Sessions" Servlet Examples, they
accumulate and I maintain the exact same "Session ID". For example:

Session ID: CCAE9F2E90A5311166E7B67CE003A727.tomcat1
The following data is in your session:
    color-sky = blue
    color-grass = green
    color-firetruck = red
    color-cloud = white

No matter what I enter, I get an additional "Name/Value Session
Attribute" pair and the exact same "Session ID".

Now, back to my Windows Server 2003 load-balanced cluster. Whenever I
enter any "Name/Value Session Attribute" pairs, the new name/value pair
always replaces the old, and I end up with an entirely new "Session ID"
to boot:

Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat1
Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat2
Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat1
Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat2
Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat1
Session ID: xxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXXxxxxXXXX.tomcat1
    .
    .
    .

I am hoping that there is a simple fix for this because I have no clue.
My Apache httpd.conf file and Tomcat server.xml files are exactly the
same between the Linux load-balanced cluster and the Windows Server 2003
load-balanced cluster, so I assume that cannot be the cause.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a good
day.