On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Gregor Schneider
<rc4...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> test driven means if I create a component as a developer I need to install a
>> JUnit testcase that will test the requisite function
>>

> Actually there's a bit more behind it.
> Usually, you start to design an application starting with some
> UseCases, Sequenz-Diagrams, Action-Diagrams, Class-Diagrams etc. So
> basically you have a MDA (Modell Driven Architecture) reflecting /
> incooperating *all* business-requirements (hopefully...)
>
> When Using TDD, all of that is left behind. The flow of activity is like
> - analyse the problem / requirement
> - write a test reflecting the requirement
> - code something on which the test will not fail

You are describing Test Driven DEVELOPMENT. The original post included
Test Driven _DESIGN_.

Since the main criticism of TDD usually goes into the lack of Design,
I was really interested how they managed to come around this problem
and probably came out with a new methodology.  Otherwise one have to
assume that the OP was just using Buzzwords he found to sound cool
without understanding what they actually mean.

regards
Leon

Btw, what you were describing is the general OOD which doesn't imply a
Model Driven Architecture (they invented UML before they trademarked
MDD).