Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Roy McMorran [mailto:mcmor...@mdibl.org]
Subject: Re: Session Replication in Cluster

If the session ID changes from "ABC123.node1" to "ABC123.node2", then
you will start a new session at the browser.

No, you get a new *cookie* at the browser; the session is something only the
server has cognizance of.  Assuming your session replication across nodes is
working properly, the user sitting at the browser won't know that anything has
changed.

Thanks Chuck, that was helpful. I think I was being misled by the behavior of the application I'm trying to cluster. It looked like a whole new session had been established after the failover, but upon closer investigation I can see now that is not the case.

Best wishes,
-r

--
Roy McMorran