This is clearly a GWT configuration problem. I'm not terribly expert, but when I struggled with GWT issues, I got lots of good help from the GWT list at

        http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit?hl=en&lnk=sg

Start by searching the archives. I pretty sure there have been lots of messages about this sort of problem.

I think joining that group is your best bet.

Good Luck,
Ken