Mark Thomas wrote:
André Warnier wrote:
Despite what you may wish and what you may have found in Google, I
believe that if you want to send a file, you have to do it with a
"multipart/form-data" content type.

Nope. That is just plain wrong.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html
Sections 9.5 (POST) and 9.6 (PUT) describe the two methods that allow
you to upload a file.  But 9.6 is not applicable, since you are sending
this to a webapp, not directly to a URI.

Wrong again. PUT is disabled by default for security reasons but it is
valid and is supported by the default servlet.

Ok Mark, I don't pretend I know how it works in Tomcat.
How does one upload a file then ?

I mean other than with a PUT, as I presume that the OP doesn't just want to write files arbitrarily in his URI space on the server)