On 09.04.2009 04:02, WenDong Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using httpd 2.2 & mod_jk as the load balancer server. There 2
> tomcat nodes under the cluster. After run a long time, the tomcat node
> need to restart (because I found that the system resource's usage is
> too high, the cpu usage is almost 100%). During the restarting period,
> httpd load balancer maybe treat the node in error status and try to
> recover it. I set each node retry times to 2 (the default value):
>   worker.node1.retries = 2
> but it seems that the httpd try to recover the error node for a while,
> if fail it will never try to recover the node any more.

No that's not how it works.

> HERE IS MY QUESTION:
> is there any way let the httpd load balancer try to recover the fail
> nodes per several minutes (e.g. 5 mins), and not depend on the
> "retries" parameter.

Recovery doesn't have to do with the retries parameter. It does happen
automatically, if

- enough time has passed (at least a minute after the last recovery
attempt, resp. the error detection)
- a request comes in, that the load balancer wants to send to the broken
node

Show us your configuration (JK directives in httpd config,
workers.properties, if used uriworkermap.properties, version of mod_jk)
and you jk log.

In recently new versions of mod_jk you can also request a recovery via
the status worker. But that should only be necessary in case the one
minute wait period is to long for you.

Regards,

Rainer