Hi All,

I have done the following to create a Trust Store for Tomcat to use:

Created a keystore with new certificate:

keytool -genkey -alias mycert -keyalg RSA -kaypass changeit -keystore
keystore.jks -storepass changeit

Exported certificate:

keytool -export -alias mycert -file mycert.cer -keystore keystore.jks
-storepass changeit

Imported certificate into trust store:

keytool -import -v -trustcacerts alias mycert -keypass changeit -file
mycert.cer -keystore cacerts.jks -storepass changeit

Added the following Connector into server.xml to allow Client Authentication:

<Connector
       port="443"
       scheme="https"
       secure="true"
       keystoreFile="C:/keystore.jks"
       keystorePass="changeit"
       keystoreType="JKS"
       keyAlias="mykey"
       truststoreFile="C:/cacerts.jks"
       truststorePass="changeit"
       truststoreType="JKS"
       sslProtocol="TLS"
       maxSpareThreads="75"
       maxThreads="350"
       uRIEncoding="UTF-8"
       minSpareThreads="25"
       clientAuth="true">
</Connector>

After starting Tomcat up, using netstat I can see that port 443 is listening...

When using IE to test the connection to the https default page I get
IE's no communication web page displayed. If I use Firefox this gives
me the following error: SSL peer cannot verify your certificate (Error
code: ssl_error_bad_cert_alert)

I was expecting a message to say that the client needs a client
certificate? I then installed the client certificate mycert.cer into
the client browsers, but has no effect and I still recevie the same
error messages.

To check that I have SSL correctly installed, if I change
clientAuth="true" to clientAuth="false" then default Tomcatwebpage is
displayed within the browsers.

What have I done wrong? I am thinking that it is the way that I have
created the Trust store that is the problem?

Thanks for any help in advance...