Thanks Charles.
Ok getting back to it after a looong break...

I looked at the ssl traces and looks like client is sending server an Alert
(21) Warning (close notify) but,
server (tomcat) seems to ignore it!
Is there a way (config) to force tomcat to renegotiate ?
I even tried to invoke Tomcat action code ACTION_REQ_SSL_CERTIFICATE which,
I thought should force renegotiation but still does not.
I still see the same behavior where Tomcat just uses cached certificate!!!

Versions : Tomcat 5.5.27 with Java 1.6.0_11 on SLES10.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks