Hi there,

I am really new to tomcat basic configuration. I am using a tomcat 5.0,
coming with a digital object repository. It uses the command line to start
the server (tomcat and the application). Anyway, my problem is that I can
only see the tomcat log on the console, but i don't have it in any file.
However, sometimes the application throws a serial of exceptions and I
cannot get those scrolled away in the console.

What I want is to have the log information stored in a file. I tried
something like startup.bat > C:\log.txt, but the tomcat window just pops up
and output logs in console.

anybody can help?

Many thanks,
Hao