Mmmm wait.. I think I am starting to understand what you want.

A question first : are the Tomcat server (+Struts) and the php application on the same host ?

A second question : does your Tomcat host know the login user-id and password of the users ? In other words, can the host where Tomcat runs /verify/ the user login ?

Is what you want the following ?
You want that the users connect to the Tomcat host first, login, and then that this login would be valid for both the Tomcat application and also the php application ? So that, in your Struts application, you could just give them a link to the php application, and when they click on that link they go the php application, but do not have to login again ?

Tokajac wrote:
I think my idea would be scenario 4.)

I want to:
1.) Open a browser and write Tomcat application's address
(localhost:8080/myapp);
2.) Write username and password in login fields of the application; 3.) Save credentials in session after successful login;
4.)
Have link to completely separate application on newly opened page; 5.)
When link is clicked, request should be sent that contains row:
"Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ=="
Login username and password would be the same for both applications.
On this way, I don't need to type username and password again;
6.)
From now on, php application is on-board and Tomcat can be forgotten (it
remains reachable only via browser's Back button);

I will look now after httpd that you mentioned, awarnier.

Regards

awarnier wrote:

4)
User --> front-end --> Tomcat --> Struts application
          front-end --> other server --> php application

If you don't need to be in-between, that is the easiest solution.
As the front-end, you can use many things. Apache httpd being only one of the possibilities.

So, which kind of scenario is yours ?