From: Sanjay Manchiganti <ms4san...@yahoo.com>
Subject: j_security_check/j_username/j_password issue in Tomcat Version 6.0.18
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 6:40 PM

Hello All,

I've deployed two apps(say A and B) into two instances of Tomcat running on
port 8080 and 8081.  They both have been enabled for form based
authentication.

Step 1: When a user tries to access the application A he is shown a
userid/password page(Alogin.jsp) with all the j_xxx details.

Step 2: On entering the details and clicking submit, I've configured the
action to take the details and post to the application B which is shown a
Blogin.jsp.

Step 3: In Blogin.jsp, if I do a request.getParameter("j_username")
/ request.getParameter("j_password") , I'm getting the values
entered by the user in Step 2.

Step 4: When I move the "same app" to 6.0.18 I'm getting null
values for request.getParameter("j_username") /
request.getParameter("j_password").

Did anything change in terms of j_securitycheck / container managed security
between these two versions of tomcat?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanjay.