> From: scarlson [mailto:scarl...@i2s.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat / Java JNI and Classloading issues

> Please excuse my previous kludge question.

O.k.  It was way too verbose and rambling for anyone to make much sense of.

> My question is, should getContextClassLoader report WebAppClassLoader??

Yes.

> I guess I assumed that it should report something like 'Common'.

No.  The contextClassLoader for any thread executing in a webapp will be an
instance of WebAppClassLoader.  A WebAppClassLoader will delegate to the common
or shared classloader if it fails to find the requested class in WEB-INF/lib or
WEB-INF/classes.

> Am I right to be suspicious about this?

No.

 - Chuck