"Paul M" <pjm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:402632.36770...@web44811.mail.sp1.yahoo.com...
>Hi
>
>I want a parameter such as the following:
><Parameter name="companyName" value="My Company, Incorporated"
>override="false"/>

If you set a system property via -DcompanyName="My Company, Incorporated",
then you can do:
   <Parameter name="companyName"  value="${companyName}" override="false" />
Tomcat will expand the ${companyName} to the value of the system property
when it parses the xml file.  And, no, the property name doesn't have to be
the same as the Parameter name.

This is a Tomcat feature, but since you are putting it in a Tomcat
configuration file, I'm going to guess that that won't bother you.