> From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Performance with many small requests
>
>  From what I can tell now, it looks like most of my wait time is on
> socket reads.  In the thread dump I took about 20 minutes ago, I didn't
> see any waiting on disk writes:
>
> The line listed in this one is my inputStream.read():

Waiting for the body of the request to show up.

> This one seems to be waiting on something in tomcat itself:

Waiting for the request header to show up.

If that's all you're seeing in the thread dump, then it does look like the
network is sluggish, as I think you mentioned before.  You might try running
Wireshark or equivalent to monitor the traffic and see just how long it takes
for each segment of the message to be delivered to the server.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.