>No, you'd have to write your own authentication mechanism. Tomcat is
>required to store the request that triggered authentication for re-play
>after a successful authentication. If not the request, where else should
>it be stored?

Christopher, thanks for the reply.

This is inline with my analysis.

Actually, I am trying to address 'Session Fixation' issue in my web
application. I saw your reply on thread
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-avoid-session-fixation--td15311806.html.

In one of the reply you gave following suggestion to address the issue:

- a custom valve contains the whole implementation
- requests to the servlet/URI "j_security_check" are intercepted
- for intercepted requests the current session is destroyed
  and a new one is created:

  -- snip --
  request.getSession().invalidate();
  request.getSession(true);
  -- snap --

- to have a proper redirect to the originally requested page
  the original request has to be copied from the old session
  to the new one.
  I filter out any references to the old session id, although I'm
  not sure whether this is really necessary.

I think, this would solve my problem. The only blocker for me is step:
"requests to the servlet/URI "j_security_check" are intercepted". I did not
get good info on google which would teach me how I can do this.

Pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks,
Umesh

P.S: BTW, is Tomcat planning to resolve this vulnerability in near future?