I have a small problem in regards to the Tomcat 6 documentation. I've been setting up a Tomcat multiple instance configuration, to have one binary installation, multiple configuration and each configuration running in the separate process. Now I managed to set it up and configure it to my needs, but in the process I noticed a small error in RUNNING.txt file that accompanies the binary distrbution. In the section of the file called "Advanced Configuration - Multiple Tomcat Instances" there are some directions on which configuration files/directories to copy over into the new instance, and one of the lines reads:
line 109:
* bin  - Only setenv.sh (*nix) and setenv.bat (windows)

So it tells us that the "bin" folder must be created with only "setenv.sh" file copied over. The problem is that there is NO setenv.sh file in the distribution itself, so there is nothing to be copied over. Then I tried to run the thing without any files copied over in the "bin" folder, and it complained that the file "setclasspath.sh" is missing.

So after I copied the other file over everything worked.

I got my problem solved but like a good samaritan I wanted to report it, registered for the apache bugzilla account and reported that there is an error in RUNNING.txt file and that setenv.sh should be replaced with setclasspath.sh, but i got the response that everything is fine and there is no error in the documentation, and that I should contact the user group if I need help.

So not to start an argument with that guy my question is: where is setenv.sh file located and why is Tomcat complaining about setclasspath.sh if it is not needed in the new instance configuration folder?

Marko