> From: Pantvaidya, Vishwajit [mailto:vpant...@selectica.com]
> Subject: RE: Running out of tomcat threads - why many threads in
> RUNNABLEstage even with no activity
>
> Ok - so then the question is when does tomcat transition
> the thread from Running to Waiting? Does that happen after
> AJP drops that connection?

That's my understanding; I would presume some from of keep-alive is in play.
However, others know the AJP characteristics better than I do.  Rainer is the
ultimate resource, but I suspect he's asleep right now.

> So could the problem be occurring here because AJP is
> holding on to connections?

Sorry, I haven't been following the thread that closely.  Not sure what the
problem you're referring to actually is, but having a Tomcat thread reading
input from the AJP connector is pretty normal.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.