On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM, NicolaiFrydenlund Larsen (NLS)
<nicolaifrydenlund.lar...@grontmij-carlbro.dk> wrote:

> This is a copy-paste of the browsers error message:

> Explanation: The Web server refused the connection.

>        Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
>    * Error Code 10061: Connection refused
>    * Background: The server you are attempting to access has refused the
> connection with the gateway. This usually results from trying to connect to a
> service that is inactive on the server.

?? Never seen that -- what browser are you using? Regardless,

>>> Since I've installed the tomcat from remote I haven't tried to see if it

> I only have remote access to the server via putty so I can't browse to
> localhost.

You could use an ssh tunnel, or you could just log in and type e.g.
prompt% telnet localhost 80
GET / HTTP/1.0

and see what happens. If you can connect there, it's probably your
server's firewall.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com