> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Default servlet url mapping issue
>
> The DefaultServlet does not currently support any <url-pattern> other
> than /.  There's a fairly simple change which seems to allow any
> arbitrary pattern, which you might want to try.  It will take me a bit
> to dig up the code, but I'll send it out when I find it.

Here's the code, based on 6.0.18.  Change lines 299-302 of
org/apache/catalina/servlets/DefaultServlet.java from

        String result = request.getPathInfo();
        if (result == null) {
            result = request.getServletPath();
        }

        String result = request.getPathInfo();
        if (result == null) {
            result = request.getServletPath();
        } else {
            result = request.getServletPath() + result;
        }

(Some of the lines are unchanged; they're included just to provide context.)
As you might imagine, this has undergone only limited testing.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.