> From: aditya darbha [mailto:adityadar...@gmail.com]
> want to couple Apache Tomcat into my application. My
> installer would check
> for an existing installation of the TOMCAT and would try to
> install Tomcat
> if there is no existing installation.!!
> This installation has to be silent and the user need not
> explicitly know
> that Apache Tomcat is being installed.Is there a way of
> installing Apache
> Tomcat silently in Windows?
>
> If yes, how can I do it?

A Tomcat installation is just a bunch of files plus some way of starting
Tomcat.  Your installer could install the files (don't forget you may need to
install a JRE as well, as the machine may not already have an appropriate
version installed).

Your installer could also call the script to create an appropriate service - it
depends whether you want to start Tomcat as a service, or whether you just want
it started when the user starts your program.  Be aware of your user base if
you choose to do this.  In general, I get rather upset when an installer
installs something that runs at startup on my machine and doesn't tell me.

                - Peter