> From: tcwarrior [mailto:sr_s...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat relative path
>
> Isn't it 2 per domain?

Maybe; I didn't realize your intent was to have a separate domain for each
image.  If the client keeps track of connections by domain name, then putting
pairs of images in separate subdomains will work; if the connections are
tracked by IP address, it won't.

> Why wouldn't you want your site to be the most responsive
> and allow for parallel downloads?

As Tim pointed out - bandwidth.  You may well be dedicating the entire wire to
a single client for a short period of time.  That may or may not be acceptable.

> As for our dev team, why are they right? What is so hard
> about changing the source?

It's a maintenance problem, as images come and go as the web pages are updated.
 You can certainly split the locations based on some scheme, but it adds much
complexity to testing and deployment.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.