Dear All,

I'd be grateful for some help with jsvc and logging.
I've spent a whole morning googling but without success so I'm turning to the Tomcat mailing list.

My logs are all going into the syslog, which is not the best solution.
I would like to see tomcat logs in the usual tomcat /logs folder

The tomcat daemon is started like this:

$DAEMON -user "$TOMCAT6_USER" -cp "$JSVC_CLASSPATH" \ -outfile SYSLOG -errfile SYSLOG \ -pidfile "$CATALINA_PID" $JAVA_OPTS "$BOOTSTRAP_CLASS"

But if I try to change the -outfile and -errfile parameters tomcat doesn't start and I get a message saying:
"No class specified
Cannot parse command line arguments"

I've tried every possible combination of entries for these parameters, but to no avail.
Such as:

-outfile ./logs/catalina.out -errfile ./logs/catalina.err
-outfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out -errfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.err -outfile /var/lib/tomcat6/logs/catalina.out -errfile /var/lib/tomcat6/logs/catalina.err

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Malcolm Warren