I now have a simple workers.properties and uri file with the latest 1.2.28
redirector but no matter what I try I only get "incorrect function" returned
to the browser.  1st error in log is
[error] jk_shm_calculate_size::jk_shm.c (120): Could not get member list for
lb worker from map
[error] validate::jk_lb_worker.c (1647): NULL parameters
[error] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (163): validate failed for wlb

workers.properties
worker.list=wlb

worker.wlb.type=lb
worker.wlb.host=localhost
worker.wlb.port=8010

uriworkermap.properties
/admin/*=wlb
/manager/*=wlb
/jsp-examples/*=wlb
/servlets-examples/*=wlb
/ws/*=wlb

When I change the 'type' to ajp13 I get a 502 'bad gateway' error.  I've
simplifed this as much as possible, tried IP instead of localhost and still
cannot get this to serve up.  Any ideas?