Thank you Mark.  I appreciate it.
Kirk

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:24 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: how to setup Tomcat 6.x fixes

Meline, Kirk Alan. (ARC)[PEROT SYSTEMS] wrote:
> Hi
>
> Where can I get instructions on setting up our Tomcat server with the new
> fixes?  I have downloaded the new fixes but cannot see any instructions on
> the web site.

If you mean "How do apply the fixes for the security issues fixed in
6.0.20 to my current Tomcat instalation?" then the answer is you need to
do a clean 6.0.20 installation and transfer you webapps and
configuration files across to this new installation.

There is no official mechanism provided to "patch" a previous version.
There are ways you can try and do this but they are reasonably risky and
not recommended.

Mark