All,

    What are you using for production monitoring and alerting for JVM & apache
based applications? I am referring to proactively monitoring and alerting of
apache utilization(workers, requests etc), tomcat utilization(threads, heap,
etc) , tracking Java methods, JSPs , servlets and also transaction tracking.

     We are currently evaluating a number of tools like CA( Wily Introscope &
CEM) , Opnet (Panorama & ACE Live) & HP (Diagnostics, SiteScope and BAC). Do
you have any opinions/experiences about these tools? Is there any other tool
out there that you are using which is worth investigating?

       If you are using these tools, are you running them continuously in
production or only during project implementation?

THanks,
Chetan