> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: swallowOutput="true" not working. Why?
>
> > 2) There was no host-specific one, so I added the file
> > /etc/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost/context.xml with the contents:
> > <Context swallowOutput="true"/>
>
> This file will control the settings for a webapp called "context",
> which is probably not what you meant.

What the OP should have used is
/etc/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost/context.xml.default, assuming /etc/tomcat6
actually has some meaning to this installation.  However, if the OP wants the
swallowOutput setting to apply globally, /etc/tomcat6/context.xml would still
be the preferred location.

I'd still advise installing a standard Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org just to
eliminate the confusion that currently exists about where things are really
located.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.