Thank you for the tip.
The interfaces are OK. Moreover, Tomcat should only bind itself on
127.0.0.1, so no other interface is involved. Anyhow, I can telnet
tomcat on localhost at it's port 8009 after the socket is finally
opened. I can also ping localhost

I even tcpdumped all the traffic occuring in those 12 minutes but I
couldn't find anything strange.

By the way, is there some way to make tomcat record more messages
between the two ones which are 12 minutes away? If I only could get an
idea of what happens behind the curtains in those 12 minutes...!

Thank you again.

Best regards,