Tim Funk wrote:
available() - "Returns the number of bytes that can be read (or skipped over) from this input stream without blocking by the next caller of a method for this input stream." So its not an accurate gauge of how much content is available from the client.
That explains that quite nicely. The problem wasn't my InputStream, but rather just my use of .available(). I tweaked your loop a bit, but it works - thanks.

Christopher:
Concerning the getParameter*() calls and info, yeah, I knew that much. I had only gone poking with them as a result of desperation.

I too like POST for my requirements. :)

Thanks for the help, all. It's working.