Hi,

This issue probably won't be given a great deal of attention. There's conflict
between what the spec says, and what has actually been going on in the
development world. The de facto reality is that people have been using =
characters in cookies despite them being prohibited for a long time.

If you want this "netscape style" cookie to be valid and not quoted by tomcat,
you should revert to the ServerCookie & Cookies code
(org.apache.tomcat.util.http.*) from an earlier revision of the 5.5.x series
(5.5.17 works -
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/connectors/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_17/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/)

Be vigilant w.r.t. any bugs/security issues logged against that version.

-CiarĂ¡n

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not
intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited
when received in error. Morgan Stanley may monitor and store emails to the
extent permitted by applicable law.