> "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote in message
> > From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
> > Subject: dbcp pool evictor deadlock?
> >
> > THREAD 1:
> > Name: Timer-1
> > State: BLOCKED on
> > org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.poolableconnect...@1e667871
> > owned by: scheduling.QuartzInternal_Worker-0
> > Total blocked: 1  Total waited: 15,342
> >
> > Stack trace:
> > org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.AbandonedTrace.addTrace(AbandonedTrace.java:175)
>
> Assuming this version of Tomcat is using commons-dbcp 1.2.2, there's
> something seriously wrong here.  The synchronized block at the above line
> is for an AbandonedTrace object, not a PoolableConnection.
>
> This is beginning to look like a broken JVM or broken hardware.  Want to
> tell us what you're using for those (and the OS, while you're at it)?

Am running CentOS 5.2 on a 64bit server, running 64bit Sun Java 6.0.11 with
Tomcat 6.0.18.  I'm not sure what version of dbcp Tomcat 6.0.18 uses,
however.

With respect to Mark's posting to switch to apache dpcp 1.2.2 and pool
1.5.1, is there any configuration documentation anywhere that I can read up
to find out how to reconfigure tomcat/my app to use those instead of the
default ones shipped with Tomcat?  I figure I can d/l them and drop them in
the tomcat/lib directory, but not sure how to indicate to Tomcat to use
those classes in the Resource tag.

Thanks!

Eric