John Caron wrote:
> Pid wrote:
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

>>> the only thing you can do is set it to empty, by using emptySessionPath.
>>>

>> Or you could change the name of your application.  That's unlikely to be
>> helpful though.
>>
>> Why does it matter?

> The client may have more than one session, which must be distinguished
> by the path, eg i need:

That sounds alarming.  The path for a cookie is used to determine when
to send it for a given web application path.

If the cookie path is modified, as below, then the application won't
receive the path at all initially.

I don't think modifying the path will help you here.

You'd be better turning cookies off altogether and using URL based
session ids.  With the session in the URL, you can have multiple
sessions in different windows/tabs.