> From: Andre-John Mas [mailto:aj...@sympatico.ca]
> Subject: Re: Best practices for switching back/forth between java
> 1.5/1.6
>
> If this is simply for development purposes, then I would recommend
> having two installations of Tomcat. One is configured to use JDK 1.5
> and the other JDK 1.6. Specify the JAVA_HOME in catalina.sh. There are
> other solutions, but from experience this is the simplest approach.

I have to recommend the opposite - use just one Tomcat version, and definitely
do NOT modify catalina.sh (ever).  Just set JAVA_HOME to point to the
appropriate JDK when you want to switch.  (If you do want to set any permanent
environment variables, do that in setenv.sh, which Tomcat calls automatically
at startup if it exists.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.