> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: The best place for implementing context specific behavior?
>
> I believe (but we need a real expert here) that having multiple <Host>
> entries sharing the same appBase is a receipe for problems.

It seems to work for most usages.  As Mark pointed out, each <Host> or
<Context> should have separate work directories to avoid conflicts with temp
files, JSPs, etc.

> If it is really just to have a single copy of the code on disk however,
> you may be able to get away with having multiple (differently named)
> appBase attributes, but all symlinked to the same physical location

That will make no difference, since the underlying location is the same for all.

> I must say that I don't really understand the requirement, unless your
> "fruit" webapp is really big (in disk size), or you have many different
> "fruit" hosts.

It's not clear to me that the OP wants separate instances of one webapp (one
per host), or if he wants one instance of one webapp that services all hosts.
We really need that clarified before any further suggestions can be made.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.