awarnier wrote:

> Sibil87 wrote:
>> How can I access Log files of Tomcat from Remote just using the
>> Administration and Tomcat Manager pages?
>
> As far as I know, you can not.

mmm...I'm developing a Servlet hosted on a remote machine and I need to see
the log files or the console output to check errors...
There isn't really a way to do that?! How someone is supposed to develop
Servlet without having directly access to the machine that host tomcat?!

awarnier wrote:

>> Can I also modify the log files?
>>
> You're right, that sounds like a "noob" question.
> Why would you want to do that ?
> What is in the logfiles is the truth. Any modification you would make to
> them would make them false.  You'll have to pardon me for thinking that
> this sounds a bit suspect, or at least ill-advised.

Sorry I agree doesn't make sense to modify them