Hi, Chris. The only missing item in my checklist ("What can you
recommend to just make everything work?") is the first one (Set
URIEncoding="UTF-8" on your <Connector> in server.xml).
        I didn't know that "Most web browsers today do not specify the
character set of a request". Well, better later than never.

        Thanks !

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 17:41 -0400, Christopher Schultz wrote:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day,
 that my child may have peace."

Thomas Paine