De: André Warnier
Para: Tomcat Users List
Enviada em: 11/07/2009 06:24
Assunto: Re: Problems downloading files. How to identify the CANCEL butto n?

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> What is the business requirement that forces you to log such
information?
> What is the cost of a false positive?

A usual example is when the customer is paying for some downloaded
document.  At the server side, you would want an absolute,
no-complaints-possible, trace that the download did occur succesfully.

Something you can wiggle under the customer's nose when they complain
about the bill.

All the more reason to have some active component at the client side,
acknowledging the download back to the server, with some unique
timestamp, id, etc..