On 13.07.2009 15:04, Simon Kulessa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure IIS 7.0 and Tomcat 6.0.18 with the JK 1.2.28
> Connector.
> OS is Windows Server 2008 64bit.
>
> I have followed the tutorial from http://www.iisadmin.co.uk/?p=72
> but all i get is a 404 error. It seems that the isapi_redirector.dll is
> not loaded.
>

> Let me explain what I have done to this point ...
>
> I have installed Tomcat under C:\Tomcat\, replaced the Tomcat
> executables with
> the amd 64bit versions from the repository and added a ISAPI directory.

You are sure, that not only your windows is 64 Bit but also IIS runs in
64 Bit mode?

> Then I copied the isapi_redirect.dll (the amd64 bit version) into it and
> created a
> properties file as described in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/iis.html.

Did you also allow the extension as indicated by number 9. in

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html#Configuring%20the%20ISAPI%20Redirector

> The workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties were updated
> accordingly.
> Afterwards I added a virtual directory in the IIS with the name jakarta
> pointing to
> the ISAPI folder.
>
> The directory structure is like this:
>
> C:\
> -Tomcat\
> --ISAPI\
> --webapps\
> ---test-webapp\
>
> I can access my sample web application via tomcat, but if I try to
> access it via the IIS I receive a 404 Error.
>
> If I access the webapp via http://localhost/test-webapp I get the
> message that the physical path is
> supposed to be C:\inteput\wwwroot\test-webapp.
> If I add the virtual folter to the path
> (http://localhost/jakarta/test-webapp) I get the message that
> the physical path is supposed to be C:\Tomcat\ISAPI\test-webapp.
>
> The log as described in the isapi_redirector.properties file has not
> been created and
> when I execute the command "tasklist /m is*" no result is found, which
> indicates that
> the dll was not loaded.

That's indeed bad. Just to make sure: did you set your log level to
something reasonable verbose (like debug)? Even with info, there should
at least be a line giving the version of the redirector used. For
debugging "debug" would be better (for production switch back to "info").

Regards,

Rainer