Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I looked at the startup log a little closer and there's this line:
>
> Jul 15, 2009 2:24:09 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.14.
>
> I noticed below that you said I should be using 1.1.6.  So maybe this is
> the problem.  At first I thought I was using a much more recent version
> of APR, since I have the following installed:
>
> apr-1.3.5-1.fc11.i586
> [...@ole noarch]$ rpm -q apr-devel
> apr-devel-1.3.5-1.fc11.i586
> [...@ole noarch]$ rpm -q apr-util
> apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc11.i586
>
> So I'm trying to figure out why Tomcat says it's using 1.1.14?  Any ideas?

Those are the APR packages, not the Tomcat Native(APR based) connector.
No idea what the native connector would be called if you get the package
via rpm. I always build Tomcat/httpd stuff from source on linux.

Take a look at the changelog
http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/miscellaneous/changelog.html

The ipv6 issue was fixed in 1.1.15

Upgrading to the latest Tomcat Native (1.1.16) should fix this.

Mark