Wesley Acheson wrote:
> Theres only two jars and their not used.

The flippant reply would be "Well delete them then and the problem will
go away"

> WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar

As soon as I saw that, I suspected it would be the one causing grief and...

> However the webapp isn't deployed correctly it still only contains
> WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar

The problem is that if you put a jdbc driver jar in the lib directory,
it gets registered with DriverManager automatically.

Try de-registering it with a context listener (which you'll need to do
anyway to avoid a permgen leak on reload).

As an aside, Tomcat tries (and fails) to fix this for you automatically.
That should be fixed in the next 6.0.x release.

If you still see the problem when the driver is de-registered, I can
take a look with a profiler.

Mark