> From: sanchit.sriv [mailto:sanchit.srivast...@morganstanley.com]
> Subject: Retrieving all active sessions
>

> I need to write a Servlet or some kind of java program (which
> may be deployed as part of a webapp on the same container) that
> can get me the count of all active sessions on that tomcat
> Also if possible, active sessions per context path

Rather than mucking around with the internals of Tomcat, implement an
HttpSessionListener for each webapp of interest; see the servlet spec for
details about event listeners.  You could also write a Tomcat-specific valve at
the <Engine>, <Host>, or <Context> level, but that ties you to a specific
version of Tomcat.

The session information is also available via JMX.

If you want a webapp that already does it, look at Lambda Probe:
http://lambdaprobe.org

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.