Tom,

I tried responding to you off-line, but alaska.gov does not seem to like your
mail address.

Basically, it sounds like you have a permissions problem with the account under
which Tomcat runs.  By default, the Tomcat service runs as the Local System
account, so that account needs appropriate access to %CATALINA_HOME% (where
Tomcat is installed), and its subdirectories.

I hope that helps.

/mde/