> From: Lucas Vickers [mailto:lucasvick...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 6 database pooling, DataSource returning NULL
> connection
>
> I refreshed the config file and I am still getting NULL connections
> to my database.

Just for completeness, check the security policy in the JRE/JDK you're using.
If someone has modified this in a restrictive fashion, your changes to
catalina.policy may have overridden them and allowed normal operation.  The
default policy is located in jre/lib/security/java.policy; there may be an
additional policy file in ${user.home}/.java.policy.  These locations are
specified in jre/lib/security/java.security; check that that file has not be
modified.

If you do find anything odd in the above files, you might want to reinstall the
JRE/JDK, just to make sure something else hasn't been fiddled with.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.