> From: Varuna Seneviratna [mailto:varunasenevira...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Fwd: Is it not possible to install apache-tomcat-6.0.20 with a
> J2SE 5 JRE
>
> I installed Tomcat using apache-tomcat-6.0.20.exe But not as a
> service.

First mistake.

> Then from the bin I tried to run "tomcat6.exe service runner"

Second mistake - the tomcat6.exe program is indeed the service runner; it is
not the service *installer*.

You can manually install the service, but it's a major pain to get all the
parameters right.  The easiest thing for you to do now is get the .zip
download, copy the service.bat script from its bin directory to your Tomcat's
bin directory, and run that.  If you haven't done anything major with the .exe
installation, you could also just throw that away and start over.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.