Thank you Andre for this information. I will look at it.

Regards,
Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: what is the upper limit of maximum heap memory for Tomcat with
32-bit JVM running on Red Hat Linux 4 (32-bit)

Li,Henry wrote:
> Juha,
> Yes, there is memory leak from application. We contact the application vendor
> and they do not have patches to fix it for the version which we are using. So
> what we need is a partial/dirty fix to mimimize the recycle times. Upgrading
> the application will be a project which requires lots approvals.

Guys, I am not really competent here, but just as a tip if you are
looking for some quick-and-dirty fix, you may be interested in this tool :
http://code.google.com/p/jmxsh/

Basically, it is a scriptable tool, which you could run from time to
time in a cron script.
I have used it to trigger GC's in Tomcat from outside, but it has many
more capabilities.