tbalent wrote:
authorization occurring in an Apache proxy that is enabled with a 3rd Party agent. When the agent allows the HTTP request through (to Tomcat or a J2EE
This may or may not be relevant to your issue :
The AJP protocol used between Apache and Tomcat, allows Apache to pass an authenticated user-id to Tomcat in the request. I do not remember precisely at what level this parameter "lives", but it is invoked as "tomcatAuthentication=false" either in the connector (mod_jk in my case) or in the <Connector> in Tomcat.
You may want to look this up, to see if it applies in your case.