Nikolay Diulgerov wrote:
> I wonder then if I can use in server.xml
> <Context path="" docBase="/tomcat/webapps/myapp"/>
> To change the default application serving when someone requests
> myserver.com:8080

No. That will result in double deployment. Just rename webapps/myapp to
webapps/ROOT

> And then in apache to use
>
> DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/myapp"
Make this:
DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/ROOT"
and also below.

> <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp">
>    Options FollowSymlinks
>    DirectoryIndex index.html login.jsp
>    AllowOverride None
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>    <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/">
>    AllowOverride None
>    deny from all
> </Directory>
>    <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/META-INF/">
>    AllowOverride None
>    deny from all
> </Directory>
Better. Depending on settings JSP source code disclosure may still be an
issue. (ie requests for index.jSp may get served by httpd as static files).

> JkMount /*.jsp client
> JkMount /*.do client

I always recommend separation of httpd and Tomcat but if you are going
to have them serving from the same directory structure then you are
heading in the right direction.

Mark